butter cake

I had been kind of lazy to do baking lately, due to busy schedule and wanting to rest. Perhaps, I am getting older now, or maybe just feeling lazy.

I asked a ex-colleague of mine if she is working today, and wanting to give her a surprise. So the night before I actually prepared this butter cake for her. I had blown my mixer when I was trying to use it to beat my butter, in the end I have to use manual beat with a whisk to get the texture I want. It was pretty tough to do so, but it was fun though. 

Butter Cake

Serving: 12
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 50 - 60 Mins

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup milk
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 8 inch square baking pan. I used a loaf pan instead of the square one. Line the bottom with wax paper or dust lightly with flour.
  2. Sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
  3. Cream the butter and blend in the white sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the sifted dry ingredients to the the cream mixture alternately with the milk. Stir until just blended. You may want to add additional milk or flour if the mixture is too dry or wet. Pour batter into prepared pan.
  4. Bake at 350   degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 - 60 minutes or until cake spring back when lightly touched. Remove from pan and allow it to cool.
  5. You may add 1/2 cup of raisins into the mixture.