Scones



It has been a very long time since I last bake something to eat, and since I did something during my off day. Today I baked some scones which were really easy to bake. 

I goggle for the simplest recipe from online and this is what the ingredients content required.

Servings: 8
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins

Ingredients
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup milk
Directions


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter. Mix the egg and milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened.
  3. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round. Cut into 8 wedges or your desired shape with cookies cutter and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
  4. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Throughout the process I have difficulties in handling the dough which you are require to ensure sufficient flour spread evenly on the working surface and the rolling pin to prevent stickiness. Otherwise, it will not only be difficult to roll out the mixture and upon cutting it may be hard to remove the dough too. 

It was really nice to be in contact with baking again, and I ate my scones with butter and fruit jam spread on them. Not to mention it was heavenly completed with a cup of nice coffee, best for breakfast and tea time!

Try baking it now! I'm gonna try out more stuff soon... 

See you~